Wednesday, January 26, 2011

AUSTRALIA DAY....


Good morning/evening!

I arrived home last night, very exhausted, my body clock is all over the place, have been walking the house since 1am.... today is Australia Day, and we are going to celebrate with a BBQ!.... and of course I will be catching up with the family as I've not seen them for just over a month.... I will have a saw jaw by the end of the day!

A little history ..... On Australia Day we come together as a nation to celebrate what's great about Australia and being Australian. It's the day to reflect on what we have achieved and what we can be proud of in our great nation. It's the day for us to re-commit to making Australia an even better place for the future.

Australia Day, 26 January, is the anniversary of the arrival of the First Fleet of 11 convict ships from Great Britain, and the raising of the Union Jack at Sydney Cove by its commander Captain Arthur Phillip, in 1788.

I'm not going to rabbit on too much....

So glad to be home and proud to call Australia home!

Until next time!

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Happy Australia Day to you my friend! Relax and catch up on your sleep!

Selma said...

Sounds like a fun celebration. Hope you get caught up with sleep. Enjoy catching up with your family news.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Maybe take a little over the counter stuff to help relax, Kerrie! Welcome home, and Happy Australia Day!

Michelle said...

Welcome Home!!

Betty Benton said...

Glad you made it back home safely! Have a wonderful Australia Day!!

craftieodmae said...

Happy Australia Day to you my friend! And welcome home, we missed you and I'm sure your family did too! Don't over do and find time to relax!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...